Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Uh oh.

I've done something to piss off the Norwegian tax authorities. I got a nasty gram from them in the mail today. It's all very official and scary.

Problem is, I have no idea what it is about or what I did. I make no money. So I don't file. That seems simple. My sole asset in Norway is my car, which we have always claimed in Rich's taxes. I'm thinking, since the car is in my name, they missed that we put it on Rich's taxes, and now they want to bring the hammer down on me. And yeah, like I am going to pay taxes on my car twice? I don't think so.

Of course, the letter is in Norwegian, and since reading tax stuff even in English is pretty difficult, I can honestly say my Norwegian sure as hell ain't up to the task either.

But I thought I saw the Norwegian words for "death by firing squad". I'm not totally sure. It also could have meant "red hot poker up the ass, you snivelling tax avoiding slime ball". So I am a little nervous.

I'll call tomorrow AM and play stupid. Which is not hard, since I am. In this case. Not even evil stupid, just stupid stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!