Monday, June 20, 2005

Don't take my "All Things Considered"

Well, it seems like it has finally happened. You know how every other year or so, rumors fly that the government is cutting funding for NPR and PBS? Well, getta loada this, it's true. This, straight from Moveon.org:

A House committee has voted to slash half of the federal funding for NPR and PBS, starting with "Sesame Street," "Reading Rainbow," and other commercial-free children's shows. If approved, this would be the most severe cut in the history of public broadcasting, threatening to pull the plug on Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Oscar the Grouch.

The cuts would eliminate more than $200 million for NPR, PBS and local stations immediately, with more cuts likely in the future. The loss could kill beloved children's shows like "Clifford the Big Red Dog," "Arthur," and "Postcards from Buster." Rural stations and those serving low-income communities might not survive. Other stations would have to increase corporate sponsorships.

The House will vote on the cuts as soon as Tuesday. Can you help us reach 1 million signatures calling on Congress to save NPR and PBS?


I try to not put too much political stuff in my blog, (though I fail frequently) but if you knew how much I miss NPR everyday, you'd sign this, just so I don't come personally to your house and blast Fox News at full volume at you if you don't. (Even evil people like public radio.)

So please, go here and sign the petition. You'll be making me happy and giving me something to look forward to when I come home. Don't let the government cut funding so they can send your public radio and TV money to Iraq!

(If you aren't American, you are excused.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!