Wednesday, June 22, 2005

6 of one, half a dozen of the other

You know, they don't use "dozens" here in Norway. Bugs the crap out of me. You can get 10 eggs, or 6, but not a dozen. Though I guess, if you buy 2 packs of six, that's a dozen. And my favorite bread, these yummy whole wheat soft bagel-y things, come in packs of three. That's really annoying, because you have to buy four packs to have a dozen. Why not four in a pack? And why do tortillas come in packs of 8? Hmm, I need to think about that. And hot dog buns come in packs of six, but you get 8 hot dogs in a pack? (Or is it the other way around?)

What the HELL was I going to write about, because that was SO not it....

Um.......hmm. I can't remember. Crapness.

It's a gorgeous day today. Yesterday was wierdly hazy and smelly. Yeah, smelly. I dunno why, maybe a fish factory exploded somewhere on the other side of the fjord and the smell wafted over, but it stank. I washed all the towels, thinking maybe they were overdue for a washing, but that was not it. Last night a wind and rain blowed all the smell away and so now it's clear and crisp and gorgeous..

OH! Now I know what I was going to say.

Since it is so gorgeous outside, I feel guilty about staying inside to do all the stuff I gotta do for the move. But if I go for a walk, I will feel guilty about skipping all the stuff I need to do inside.

What's a girl to do? 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Speaking of which, I bought half a dozen sets of curtains for the flat last night. Because, here's a reminder of what the living room looks like:




So yeah, I need alot of curtains. I bought just floaty white ones at IKEA yesterday. I love the idea of the curtains wafting in the breeze of our new place. I really hate curtains unless they are white, to be honest. I have a thing about light. If it is daylight, and natural light is available, I have every window open as wide as possible. No curtain can block any part of the window. I get angsty and claustrophobic if curtains are closed during the day. I HATE dark rooms. (I think in a previous life, I died in a dark, cold room. If one believes in such things, which I am not sure of.) But, I don't especially wanna show my ass to the world at night, so I get floaty white curtains to pull across the windows at night. That way, I can still wake up with the light, yet get some privacy.

Looking at that picture, I think I might need more curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!