Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Texas, You Suck*

Texans voted to support an amendment to the Texas Constitution banning gay marriage. What a load of crap. I'm gonna quote my blog buddy Badger on this one, because she says it really really well:

Um, can someone point me to the exact chapter and verse in the Bible where it lists all the people and groups that Jesus hates? Because a lot of folks seem to think they know, and it sure would be handy info to have, but I can't find it anywhere in my copy. Was it in the beatitudes, maybe? "Blessed are the meek, etc. etc., but gay people suck so feel free to hate on them just whenever?" Maybe my Bible was edited by a bunch of free-love hippies or something.

I'm just disgusted at the close minded attitude of many of my fellow Texans. Why do you think you can legislate someone else's happiness? Stopping people who love each other and want to spend their lives together from getting a piece of paper that says just that? Stupid rules for people who can't stay out of other people's business. Do you feel better now, safe from those big bad gay people? 'Cuz Lord knows, they ARE the biggest problem we have in Texas. Certainly bigger problems than a fucked up school finance system, children without health care, polluted air, overcrowded roads, and the ever-present Tom DeLay situation!

Jesus would have been the first guy to say "live and let live". Wasn't he also the one who said something about "Let him among us who is innocent cast the first stone?"

I see lots of folks casting stones. Hmm, must be LOTS of innocent people in Texas....

*Travis County Excepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!