Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Ratchet up the tension

So I saw the place in Asker I talked about yesterday and went bat shit CRAZY for it. I mean, screw it, I'll sell my first born for the joint. I've already mentally got my furniture placed and milk in the fridge. (It has a corner fridge. Have you ever seen one? A frigging CORNER fridge. You could sleep in it, there's so much room!)

So I made my offer for the place (Rich is out of town, and he can just accept that THIS is WHERE WE WILL LIVE) and am waiting to see if the landlord accepts.

Tick....tock....tick....tock.....tick.............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

While I was waiting for the realtor to show this place, the landlord of another place I had an appointment to see in Oslo called and said it had been rented, so obviously things go pretty fast.

Stressed? Me? Nah......I needed a drink after that, though. Sooo.....

I went out with my friend Julia last night in Oslo, we had a girls' sleepover night. It was fun. We went to a wine tasting at her bar (which in my case rapidly devolved into a wine guzzling), then saw a couple of bands, one of which I have heard in Austin, called Son Volt? Anyhow, I met a lot of really nice people, all Norwegians, and all very freindly and outgoing. Oslo is definitely one of those towns where it's all about who you know and who they introduce you to, as I doubt I would have met these people and had so many nice chats had I been on my own. As it was, though, I met alot of really fun folks. Then I crashed at Julia's lovely apartment with the graveyard view (sweeeet) and took the train back to my suburban aerie this morning. I met some friends for lunch at 12:30 and had another nice girl chat. One friend is moving to Nigeria.....wow.

And I still wait to hear the news about the flat......tick tock???

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!