Thursday, June 07, 2007

random photos Thursday

These photos are from my trip to SE Asia in March/April 2006. I took over 1000 pictures but have only posted about 20 between blog and Flickr account.

Monks in the Upper Pak Ou caves in Laos. I'll never forget how those caves smelled. And how many Buddha statues there were everywhere.

Scene from a boat trip along the Mekong River in Laos. They really wear those umbrella shaped hats.

Monks' laundry in Luang Prabang, Laos. I'm not sure why I like taking pictures of laundry on the line, but it is a running theme in my photography. I guess because it is such a normal slice of life, and so evocative of home and daily life. Plus it's pretty when it flaps on the breeze, all colorful and flag-like.

Street scene in Luang Prabang. That was such a GREAT place.

View from Angkor, Cambodia. I have many shots like this, down long ancient roofless hallways with many doorways.

Bangkok at night, from posh bar on roof of tall building.

Me and a baby elephump. I was nervous, but it was sweet. I love elephants.

We are having a heat wave in Norway right now. I have to go ice down. Remember when I complained about rainy cold weather just last Friday? Well, sometimes you get what you ask for. Woo! Everyone is running around half naked and gleeful. Naked babies are swimming in the fountain in the plaza beneath us. Baby butts everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!