Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Amster-damn good time

I'm off to Amsterdam tomorrow.
I deserve it. I really do. I read it's a balmy 50 degrees there. Woo!
I'll be back Sunday night, but will try to blog any worthy goofy happenings while I am there.

The good news is that I have finally reached packing nirvana. This can only be reached when you get to a point where you travel enough that you always bring the same stuff wherever you go. You just don't give a flying fuck what you pack because, let's face, it, you will hate everything you've packed the minute you get there anyhow. When I try to get creative with my travel wardrobe, it always goes wrong, so I now can pack in ten minutes flat because it's always the same stuff. And then I get bored with it all, as usual.

I mean, wearing a black cashmere turtleneck every day gets boring. Even though I do have three of them in rotation. The poor boy ribbed one, the flat weave one, and the one that's a little stretched out but softer than a bunny's ears.

Those with some jeans, black pants, black skirt, black boots, my Lucchese cowboy boots, some fabulous jewelry, something colorful, something funky and something sparkly, and there is my packing routine. Lately, in fact, I don't pack enough stuff. I've come full circle from packing too much to carry to fitting it all in a backpack. It's kind of freeing, but it also makes me wonder why do I have such a huge wardrobe if I wear the same damn stuff every day?

Sigh. I want summer. In summer I travel with floaty skirts, tank tops and fun fluffy things. I can't wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!