Monday, October 24, 2005

Pictures from recent travels in England

Richard and my Uncle Peter at Winchester Cathedral.

A dining hall at Cambridge. Lovely color.

Red London phone booths at night, in the Russell Square area.

Harry Potter's Platform 9 3/4. At King's Cross Station, London.

A view of a college in Cambridge. (Buggered if I can remember which one...Emanuel, I think.) Our tour guide prounounced some of her "r's" as "w's", so she pronounced it "Cambwidge". I had a hard time keeping a straight face when she spoke. I kept thinking of the scene in the Princess Bride where the Prince is forcing Princess Buttercup through a marriage ceremony and the priest kept saying "....And Wove, Twue wove..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!