Friday, October 21, 2005

Not so Gentle Reminder

As the traffic visiting my blog has increased, I've started getting the infrequent mean comment. The world is a big place and not everyone is nice or has manners. I know that. I also know that maybe my brand of humor and bravado doesn't tickle everyone. So be it. Go somewhere else.

Usually the comments don't bug me, and if they do, I delete them. I, for one, do not believe in making nasty comments to blogs. Aren't we all supposed to be friends and supportive of one another? I will admit that the increase in traffic here is freaking me out a little, and I am not sure how to deal with it. I liked the idea of a cozy little family of folks, all blogging and commenting. But Google has seen fit to send me more hits than I have ever dreamed of, and it's actually making me nervous.

Anyhow, today I found a comment to this picture of me, the first I ever posted. I'm really not at all sure what it means, though the person mentions my big nose, "for eyes" and general ugliness. Dude, Duh? Have you looked even a little at the picture? It's a grimace for chissakes. It's supposed to be ugly. And yes, I wear glasses and no, my nose is not petite. I bet you ain't no beauty prize, either, and for DAMN sure you can't write or spell. And you are kind of icky, too. (I also checked out your IP address and know where you come from. There are ways of finding these things out, you know.)

Anyhow, just as an fyi, though I am laughing at this one, mean or obscene or generally nasty comments are not tolerated here. And I am the final and absolute judge of what is considered mean, nasty or obscene. Unless, of course, you are talking about Dubya. Then it's a free for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!