Tuesday, October 18, 2005

NOW I remember

All fall thus far, I've been fairly proud of myself for being a tough girl and oblivious to cold. I've been wearing light jackets, cute wraps, long sleeved t-shirts with vests over them, you know, traditional fall clothes. (These are winter clothes in Texas, I know, I KNOW!.) But I've been feeling like I've finally got this cold weather thing under control and have become Norwegian and hardy, with veins of anti-freeze.

Oh, yeah. That's right. Now I know why. It's because it WASN'T cold. It was warm.

NOW it's cold.

Todays high is around 36? or so? And. I'm. Cold.

Luckily the sun is out and it is nice out. Well, cold and nice.

My cousin and his girlfriend were here for the weekend. He's British, but lives in Germany, and his girlfriend is German. She's been learning English. She wouldn't let us speak German. (Well, she wouldn't let my cousin speak German, or me say "Ja! Ja? hast du hunger?" which is pretty much all I've got left of my four years of German in college.) And dudes, I give her TOTAL props for speaking English the WHOLE time she was here. It must have been very hard for her to do that, and I am sure her brain just hurts like hell. But I admire her fortitude and stick-with-it-ness. She rocks.

They just left an hour or so ago and I am now going to be lazy and do nothing. Read a book, huddle under a blanket. Ah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!