Monday, May 26, 2008

Fuck Me Part Deux

Chain of events.
  • Try to buy groceries
  • Swipey thing won't take my card.
  • Clerk sends me to ATM.
  • ATM eats card.
  • Stare stupidly at machine waiting for it to spit card.
  • Machine gives me receipt saying "Card swallowed". (Can't it spit like everyone else?)
  • Let out volley of curses causing Norwegians to scatter like freaked hens.
  • RUN to bank, there's a branch around the corner.
  • Fucking bank has 'summer hours'. Closes at 3 fucking pm. It's 3:15. FUUUCK!
  • Accost bank employee leaving bank, brandish receipt from ATM, she says call customer service.
  • I say "You call closing at 3pm customer service?"
  • She walks off.
  • I call customer service
  • I am stuck in phone tree. A Norwegian phone tree.
  • They want my card number.
  • Uh, hello? THE NUMBER IS ON THE CARD! THE CARD IS IN THE MACHINE! THAT'S WHY I AM CALLING YOU FUCKWITS!
  • Go back to machine.
  • Maybe card fell out and is around there somewhere?
  • God Says "Ha!"
  • Use US ATM card in fucking machine, must get groceries, desperate need for toilet paper.
  • Pray US card won't get eaten.
  • Get cash.
  • Take deep breath.
  • Curse again when I realize today's groceries will show up in US account at the bargain price of $225.
  • Go back to grocery store, get groceries, curse the Norwegian banking system and price of groceries.
  • Make more Norwegians run like scared hens.
  • Run home with groceries, throw them in fridge, including toilet paper, no time to unpack.
  • Cold asswipe may be necessary later anyhow.
  • Call bank.
  • Bank hangs up on me.
  • Call bank back, wish I had gun or broadsword to take out everyone of these mother fuckers.
  • Give them account number.
  • Explain situation.
  • They say it's not their ATM, I have to call OTHER bank.
  • OTHER bank would have to retrieve card, mail it to my bank for verification.
  • This will take minimum a week.
  • Won't get card back in time for London.
  • Fantasy of Dave style flame thrower and nuclear weapons aimed at bank.
  • THEY cannot say WHY card was 'swallowed'.
  • Say they can order me a new card, will take 3 or 4 days, not sure if it will get to me but maybe it will. Depends on post.(!!!???!!!)
  • I say why don't we do that and I will meantime try to find something out from OTHER bank.
  • Call OTHER bank. Blood pressure at critical.
  • Other bank closed.
  • FUCK THAT, I call corporate and ask for the fucking president of other bank.
  • He answers.
  • President of other bank says I have to call ATM service company.
  • Huh?
  • He gives me number, he can tell by my voice I am NOT up for fucking around.
  • Call ATM service company.
  • Call ATM service company.
  • On hold
  • On hold
  • On hold.
  • Guy answers phone, I explain the situation.
  • Twice.
  • He says call back tomorrow, maybe we can meet at machine for me to get card.
  • But he can't give me card without bank verification.
  • I say bank is around corner, he can accompany me. I will show him passport, fingerprints, tits, ANYTHING to get my card back.
  • He gives me his name and says to call back tomorrow at 8am.
  • I regret that I did not buy beer at grocery store and HAVE NO MEANS TO DO SO NOW.
  • I feel sorry for you if you work at the bank and are at work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!