Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Mottos

I realized I never really ever wrote out (to myself or to anyone else) the rather hard and fast rules I have assigned myself as life guides. Some of these I have always followed, some are things I have learned from people wiser than me along the way. Whatever, if you want to understand me, these are the rules I live by.
  • Try everything once. You always have the option of not liking it, in which case you don't have to do it again. But at the very least give it a try.
  • Every so often you have to force yourself to do that scary thing. It may not be so bad. (Except for touching bugs!)
  • It's always a "no" unless you ask. You'd be amazed how much you can make happen if you just ask. I've gotten to do so many cool things just by asking if I could.
  • People are basically good. Trust that and use it.
  • A smile is always the right response. (Except maybe to a mugger.)
  • Don't play stupid. Don't hide your smarts. Don't be afraid to say "huh?"
  • Be generous with yourself, your friendship and your resources. Karma will always repay you more than you expect.
  • An emotion is never wrong, it just is what it is. You feel it for a reason. If you are embarrassed about what you are feeling, evaluate and try to figure out why you are responding in a way you are not happy with.
  • Do your damnedest to not force your opinions onto others. Do your damnedest to not let others force their opinions onto you. Try to keep an open mind without letting it be trampled.
  • Girls should always always be nice to other girls. We are all sisters in this life and should support each other whenever and wherever we can. I can't stand women who treat other women badly.
  • Men are just big boys. They are an awful lot of fun to talk to and hang out with. They appreciate a girl who can talk cars, appreciate other girls' boobs (hey, I worked at Victoria's Secret, I know a good boob when I see one) and who likes beer. In many ways I am an honorary guy.
  • Time is useful. Use it to step back from a worrisome situation, allow a painful experience to heal, or prevent you from murdering someone who really pisses you off. Realize that what seems tragic now may not be so bad in a year, or may just be a different, more manageable sort of tragic.
  • Always have an outfit that makes you feel really sexy.
  • Don't be late. Being late is just rude. If you are going to be late, let whoever you are meeting know.
  • Absence does not make the heart grow fonder.
  • You can rest when you are dead. Enjoy the health and days you have and realize that life is not about goals, it's about the journey. Cuz we all end up in the same place.
Most importantly......that advice about clean underwear? I follow that one religiously. Nothing worse than getting stuck in a strange place without your luggage and with no clean undies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!