Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Antsy

This is the time of year that messes with my head. In December I know it's just dark and depressing, and I hide away in my little cave and snooze and hibernate. I can deal with that ok, as I know it goes away. After December 22nd, the darkest day of the year, the light starts to increase. And increase. And increase.

Which brings us to today. It's the first day of February and we already have almost three more hours of light a day than we did in December. Yes, we gain 3 to four minutes of light every day. It adds up fast. By June 22nd, the longest day of the year, it will be light for about 20 hours.

So now, here I am, with more light. It's a glorious sunny day outside. They say it is a very warm winter this year, freakishly so. It feels...springlike. It's like I am being teased. Spring, or what I call Spring where I don't have to wear a coat and gloves, will not happen for another four months! I feel the light, I feel the antsiness, I am even hearing birds chirping, but I know that if I go outside I will slip on the ice. And that I need a coat. And that the cold will last until April or May.

Spring is a very hard season when you are not used to dealing with it.

In Texas, we have two seasons: Hot. And Not So Hot. 9 months of the first, 3 of the other.

Noway has Cold. And Not So Cold. 9 months of the first, 3 of the other.

I will never get used to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!