Wednesday, July 04, 2007

rain and rain and RAIN

I am in solidarity with you Texas folks.

It is now the wettest June on record in this here part of Norway.

Rain and rain and rain. Flood warnings everywhere, mudslides and chaos. the creek that follows along the road past our building is higher than I have ever seen it and I would not be surprised if it overflowed. I wonder if it has ever done that...certainly not in my time here.

If this continues we will have missed summer entirely this year.

Thankfully I have trips to Austin, India, and Poland planned. ONE of those places will have to have some sun, right? (Just watch me catch the tail end of the monsoons in India.) Did I mention I am going to India for work? OMFG how much do I love my job?

The rain in Austin will take a break by end of next week, RIGHT?

We've also planned a trip to Prague with some friends for October. Should be fun, lots of good beer, but I've already told everyone I am NOT carrying anyone out of any bars. I've booked us a hotel in a renovated 13th century monastery. I am really psyched about that. Ironically, another person, a guy, has booked HIS room at a place that was a cloister. What is up with us booking in opposite-sex houses of the holy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!