Friday, September 23, 2005

paris alleyway


paris alleyway, posted by karlakp.

A narrow road in Paris. Someone famous lived here, though I can't for the life of me remember who. Some French woman. (haha)


Did I mention that on the day I took this picture, we also did a walking tour of Montmartre where we got hit by a freak hailstorm? It hailed so hard, it was on the ground an inch thick. Everyone ran screaming for cover, our tour disintegrated into mayhem. Some of those hailstones were like bullets. No umbrella remained unscathed. It lasted about 10 minutes with booming thunder and lightning so loud I thought my ears would break. I saw the Sacre Coeur get hit with a lightning bolt. SCARY! After the storm, the hail melted in about 20 minutes, and that was that. Tour resumed, tourists cawled out from under awnings, and the street musicians came back to roost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!