Sunday, December 06, 2009

Well THAT was interesting

I went out last night for a Christmas party with my book club. Man do we bookish types know how to party. I literally staggered home around 3am.

Things I learned/saw/discovered last night:
  • Oslo is a strange place at 3am.
  • The streets are heaving with people.
  • I had no idea a city could be that busy at that time.
  • Sidewalks were packed.
  • Drunk people everywhere.
  • I was one of them.
  • People were pretty friendly.
  • Well, the guys were friendly. I think they were looking for that last minute hook up.
  • One guy offered to give me chlamydia. He said it was high quality.
  • I turned him down.
  • I think that was the right choice.
  • I came home with Christmas tree balls attached to my ears.
  • Big red ones.
  • I sort of forgot they were there (I stole them from a tree at a bar) until I went to bed and couldn't figure out what those hard lumps were on either side of my head.
  • Maybe that's why so many people were trying to talk to me...I had big balls.
  • I drunk dialed some people in Austin as I walked home.
  • Sorry, y'all.
  • As I walked home I felt something soft wrap around my ankles. Then suddenly I couldn't walk very well.
  • Well, maybe I should say I started walking worse then I already was.
  • I looked down in confusion.
  • My slip had fallen off...just fell right to my ankles, there on the street.
  • This would normally be an embarrassing occurrence, but; a) I was drunk and, b) I had the giggles.
  • A guy very nicely helped me remove it. He held me up while I stepped out of it.
  • We both laughed.
  • I stuck the slip (well named, now, I think) into my coat pocket and carried on staggering.
  • It was impossible for me to walk in a straight line last night. No matter how hard I tried, it just didn't happen. This made me giggle.
  • I got home drunk as a skunk to a bemused Richard.
  • I told him about the slip thing...and then I started laughing.
  • I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.
  • For about an hour.
  • I couldn't help it, every time I thought of the slip falling off, it set me to giggling again.
  • He really didn't know what to think.
  • I've always been a happy drunk, but last night reached new levels.
  • I finally fell asleep around 4am.
  • I got up at 11. I'm not sure if I am hungover or if I am still drunk. I think a bit of both.
  • Being jet lagged drunk is very odd. I had tons of energy and as partying goes, it was a perfect storm of a night. I just kept going and going and going.
  • I'll pay for that later, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!