Saturday, July 01, 2006

Three and no more...or was that four? Nope, three. Definitely three.

Herewith is my attempt at Bookhart's meme. It's an ass kicker.....but it's fun. You are supposed to pick NO MORE than three songs for each category, and it has to be a specific song name, not just "anything by Mariah Carey", which, truly, I would put in every "I hate" catergory.

Please note that I am not one of those people that actually remembers the names of songs....It's just track 3 on the cd or whatever. And I am SO not a cool music chick like all my pals. However, I'll do my best here. I tag....whoever is reading this right now...and I KNOW who's reading this so HA HA!

NAME UP TO THREE:
Song(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
Emotions. Mariah Carey
Come on Eileen. Dexy's Midnight Runners
I Will Always Love You. Whitney Houston. (Oddly, I like Dolly Parton's version)

Musical Artist(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being

Mariah Carey
Celine Dion
P Diddy/Puffy/Dopey/Sleazy

Rolling Stones Song(s) I Love
Paint It Black
Sympathy for the Devil
It's Only Rock and Roll

Beatles Song(s) I Love

Norwegian Wood
Blackbird
I am the Walrus

Who Song(s) I Love
Who Are You
My Generation
Babba O Reilly (aka Teenage Wasteland)

Reggae Song(s) I Love
If the Police count, I am going with Invisible Sun. I'm not a big reggae listener.

Country Song(s) I Love
Big Boned Gal. KD Lang
That's Right (You're Not From Texas. Lyle Lovett
Long Tall Texan. Lyle Lovett

Movie Soundtrack(s) I Love
Lost Highway
Hackers
Pretty In Pink (back off, it's nostalgic)

Musical Soundtrack(s) I Love
Victor/Victoria
Singin' In the Rain
This Is Spinal Tap (to me, it's a musical.)

Cover Song(s) I Love
Hurt. Johnny Cash (cover of NIN)
(You're So) Physical. NIN (Cover of Adam Ant song)
Get Down Make Love. NIN (Cover of Queen song)

Contemporary Top-40 Artist(s) I Secretly Love
Um...um..
Madonna. Hey, she's in the top 40, ok? And I hate most top 40 music right now.
Pink
Robbie Williams

Song(s) That Bring Me to Tears
Scarborough Fair. Simon and Garfunkel
Madame Butterfly. Puccini
Fingers of Love. Crowded House

Song(s) That Make Me Shake My Ass
(This would be easier if it was three songs that didn't make my ass shake. My ass always shakes.)
Music. Madonna
Closer to God. NIN
Black Sweat. Prince

Classical Composer(s) I Love
Puccini
Mozart

Rap/Hip-Hop Song(s) I Love
No Sleep Til Brooklyn. Beastie Boys
Work It. Missy Elliot
Funky Cold Medina. Tone Loc (I'm old. Gimme a break.)

70s Disco Song(s) I Love
Funky Town. Lipps Inc.
Flash Light. Parliament
I Feel Love. Donna Summers

70s Supergroup Song(s) I Love
Kashmir. Led Zep
Immigrant Song. Led Zep
Owner of a Lonely Heart. Yes

Metal Song(s) I Love
Screaming for Vengeance. Judas Priest
Over the Mountain. Ozzy Osbourne
Electric Head Pt 2 (Sexational After Dark Mix). Rob Zombie

New Wave Song(s) I Love
The Ghost In You. Psychedelic Furs
Master and Servant. Depeche Mode
Relax. Frankie Goes to Hollywood (they WERE new wave, weren't they?)

Soul/R&B Song(s) I Love
I honestly can't think of one.

Power Ballad(s) I Love
The Beautiful Ones. Prince.
Mama I'm Comin' Home. Ozzy Osbourne.
It's Been a While. Staind (I'm with Bookhart on this, even though I didn't know the name of the song or the band until I looked HERS up.)

Pre Rock and Rock Era Songs I Love
Fever. Peggy Lee
Tequila. Surfaris
Peter Gunn. Duane Eddy

Punk Song(s) I Love
Somebody Ripped My Stick. The Surf Punks
God Save the Queen. Sex Pistols.

Singer/Songwriter Song(s) I Love
Jubilation. Jennifer Ellen Cook. (she's a friend and it's the most amazing song.)
Her First Mistake. Lyle Lovett

MTV Video(s) I Love
I haven't watched a video in years, though I did like the one for Prince's "Black Sweat".

None of the Above Songs I Love
Camel Walk. SCOTS. (Makes me, literally, walk like a camel)

Guilty Pleasures
Neil Diamond. All of it.
One song by Kid Rock, "Cowboy"
Vanilla Ice, Ice Ice Baby (SHUTUP!)

Songs to Have Sex To
Closer to God. NIN
Sinner. Neil Finn
Darling Nikki. Prince (Whether with someone OR alone, haha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!