Friday, July 28, 2006

meme...in which you learn my secrets and choice of underwear.

Gleefully stolen from Badger by way of Bookhart.
1. Have you ever been searched by the cops? Do constant pat-downs by airport security count?

2. What color are your eyes? Green.

3. When was the last time you went sledding? Well, I live in Norway, so the irony is that the last time I went sledding was in college. It snowed in Austin and a bunch of us got trays from the cafeteria and went sliding down the hill the LBJ library is on. That was 18 years ago. In real life, my butt only meets snow when I fall in it.


4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone? For plain sleeping, “I vant to be alone”. I’m a bed hog.


5. Do you believe in ghosts? I used to, and my mom and Rich both say they have seen them. Unfortunately, I seem to have bypassed the spiritual sensitivity needed for seeing such things. I’ve probably walked through tons of them not even knowing. I did get creeped out in a catacomb in Edinburgh once.


6. Do you consider yourself creative? Yes. Though I did not grow up thinking it.

7. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie? A.J., although both would be fun to have a beer with. (I gotta go with Bookhart’s answer on this one.)

8. Who was your first crush? A boy named Andy, whom I had known since elementary, who turned out to be a total wastoid/criminal in training as high school progressed. Luckily my tastes have vastly improved.


9. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you? Stupid question. We all do. But I tend to talk so I am sure most of them are known by someone of my best friends.


10. Have you ever been ice skating? Yes! But I am a way better roller skater. I’m a GOOD roller skater.

11. How often do you remember your dreams? Intermittently. Sometimes they won’t get out of my hea,d other times they won’t stay IN my head.

12. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried? Sigh. I don’t honestly know. Probably when I was in Austin in January?


13. Can you name 4 songs by The Beatles? Of course.


14. What's the one thing always on your mind? A sort of non specific angst about what will happen in the next year, and where will I be.

15. What talent do you wish you had? I wish I could draw or sing.


16. Do you know anyone in jail? They are out now.

17. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew? Yes. That usually bites me in the ass, though.


18. Have you ever been punched in the face? No. Though once I got hit by a whiffle ball bat, and a few times I’ve had black eyes due to my own clumsiness (ran into a door frame) or stupid accidents.


19. Do you own any stuffed animals? You know what? I don’t think I do. Oh yeah. Wait. I do. A stuffed rat I got at Ikea. I like him. He’s squishy and has cute little whiskers and a rat tail.

20. Do you have a major crush on someone? I hereby refer you back to number 9. The one about the secrets?

21. Do you miss someone right now? Yes. Every day. Constantly.

22. What are you listening to right now? The blessed hum of the air conditioner at work.
It’s a hot damn summer.


23. Has the death of a celebrity ever made you cry? Yes. Madeleine Kahn, Elvis, John Ritter.


24. What color underwear/boxers are you wearing? I’m commando today. I do that sometimes, with jeans.

25. Where do you work? Somewhere where I won’t tell you, but it’s VERY important and VERY top secret. I’m REALLY important, you know. (and so totally full of shit it’s not even funny.)

26. What ended your last relationship? Can I even remember…um……let’s see it was my junior year of college and summer was approaching and I was going to Oxford to study…oh, that’s it. Summer break. Summer ended it. Then I met Rich while at Oxford.

27. What food do you crave right now? Right now, I’m thinking…at Pappasito’s in Houston they have these AWESOME chips and salsa. I’d rather like a few metric tons of those, please. With a Mexican martini and a queso fundido.

28. What was the last TV show you watched? Project Runway. I downloaded Episode Three last night. Keith is an arrogant asshole, is he not? Angela should have been voted off, not Katherine

29. What is the last thing you ate? A soft cinnamon breakfast bun. And a coffee with chocolate.

30. Are you on any medication? Nope.

31. What side of the bed do you sleep on? The side by the window. And most of the middle.

32. What color shirt are you wearing? Black tank top with these intense silver rhinestones/sequins all over it. It’s sort of Dolly Parton meets the Hell’s Angels.

.33. What is your favorite frozen treat? Cookies and cream ice cream.


34. How many tattoos/piercing do you have? Two tattoos, two piercings. (ears.)


35. Can you imagine yourself ever getting married? Been there done that. I now imagine what if I didn’t!

36. Have you ever done something to instigate trouble? I AM trouble.


37. Do you like your nose? Yes. It’s not small, not big, but I have these big flarey snooty nostrils, so my brother tells me. And he’s right. I compared my nostrils to other people’s, and they are big. Like, Judd Nelson in “Breakfast Club” big. I like them.


38. What color is your bedroom? White. Not my choice. I like warm caffe au lait tones for bedrooms.

39. Where do you live? Norway via Texas.

40. Are you an aggressive driver? Yes and no. I am fast but defensively in control. I love driving.

41. What color is your car? I don’t have a car at present. Yeah, it freaks me out too.

42. What do you smell like right now? Coffee, cinnamon, shampoo, Lancome Savon Fraichelle shower gel.

43. What is your favorite color? Right now it’s a toss up…red or shades of green in the chartreuse/celadon ranges.

44. What character from a movie/TV most reminds you of yourself? I really liked Diane Lane in Under the Tuscan Sun. That’s exactly how I would be in that situation, plus I loved her interactions with her best friend. I liked that sense of family and loyalty they had.


45. Do you enjoy giving hugs? If they are not forced.

46. Do you own a digital camera? Yes.

47. What books, if any, have made you cry? Grapes of Wrath, Farewell to Arms.

48. Are you a jealous person? Yes. More so lately.

49. 69? Um…. 70. 71…..

50. What shoes are you wearing right now? My cowboy boots.


51. What is your major weakness? Pretty skirts and dresses. The lure of a nap.

52. Do you suffer motion sickness? Well….I have had seasickness once and have learned the hard way, don’t read a book when riding in the back seat of a car. So, yes, mildly?

53. What's the best pizza? Any one in Italy. For me, anything with loads of mushrooms.

54. Longest relationship? Besides family, I’ve known my friend Julia for 31 years now, since we were five.


55. Are you afraid of thunderstorms? Nope. Just wary. We had an AWESOME one here in Norway the other night. I have never seen one like it here. It was a true Texas thunder-boomer. Gorgeous. Lightning like I Have never seen. It was a real “super cell” as Rich called it.

56. What do you want to be when you grow up? Unfortunately I think I am there. And I still have no idea. I am so hosed.

57. Have you ever given or been given an engagement ring? Nope! I picked it out in a store. Rich has given me nice rings since.


58. What was the last gift someone gave you? My mom sent me an awesome care package. As did Bookhart.


59. Who would you call first if you won the lottery? Probably my mom.

60. Can you cook? Hell yeah. I think I can cook anything, now.

61. What is your favorite jelly/jam? I don’t really like jelly. If I have to, I’ll say raspberry.

62. Can you swim? Yes, I especially am a good underwater swimmer. I always think I am a dolphin.


63. What is your first memory? I always hate this question. I don’t know. Something warm and fuzzy and safe, ok?


64. What item would you like to have buried with you? I’m getting cremated. I don’t really care enough about stuff to take it with me.


65. What are three things you're dying to have right now that would make everything just about perfect? Enough money so that I could go home and have some room to breathe, to lose that little bit of tummy weight I just can’t seem to shake, and do something about the horrible state of things in the US and the world, politics and attitude-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!