Friday, May 05, 2006

spring right of passage

Today is the second day of beautiful weather we have had. Up until yesterday it's been rainy and shitty, but it finally lifted and it's lovely outside.

So of course it makes sense that on the second day of sunny weather I've already seen my first sunburned bodies from yesterday. It's a Norwegian spring right of passage. You burn yourself on the first sunny day.

Today I took advantage of the gorgeous warmth and went for a long walk. A bit too long as I am worn out, but it was worth it. The flowers are starting to bloom, the grass is getting green, and the Norwegian ladies are out in their gardens in their bras. Ladies of a certain age (let's say, born before 1950) like to work in their gardens in their bras. You know, when you see a lady in her garden in that garb, that it is officially summer. The first time I saw it I thought it was kind of strange, but now I just think it is the cutest thing ever. I mean, why the hell NOT garden in your bra?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!