Tuesday, April 05, 2005

celebrity sighting number 2

Well, today was eventful. I nearly got run over by a celebrity...and the mother of all celebrities, too.

So, we're crossing the street near the flat, at a zebra crossing (pedestrians have the right of way there) when a police car came rushing up, lights and sirens blaring. I thought it might be wise to not exercise my pedestrian rights at that particular moment, and so let the car pass. I looked and behind it was another car, not coming at a very fast clip, though, so I went ahead and popped across the street, thinking I could get across before it had to stop. (Hey, it's the rules, they gotta stop. So there.) The other car was maybe coming a little faster than I thought, because it had to stop for me to get across after all. It was an impossibly posh car, a Bently/RollsRoyce or something like that, one of those discreetly expensive, money beyond your wildest means car. You know, you have so much money that you don't need to flash it, but you do, albeit only very quietly? That kind of car. I smiled thanks at the driver as I finished crossing, and as the car started up again, looked back at it to identify which exact species of poshmobile it was.

It was the Queen's poshmobile. She was in the backseat, with Prince Phillip! I saw her little Queenly hairdo and everything! She was wearing beige.

Holy crapping crap, I made the Queen's car stop! For lil' ol' me. Maybe I made her late to some event of world importance. The two minutes that I took from her schedule caused her to miss an important tidbit of her event, causing repercussions internationally. See, I knew I had power over the space time continuum. I made the Queen late, she was not available to say "No don't push the red button!", and now China is eradicated from the face of the earth.

Yeah, you so don't need to be fucking with me, people!

In other, not so crushingly important news, we saw Sir John Soane's Museum today. It is, bar none, the best museum I have ever seen. If you are ever in London, do yourself a favor and go see it. It is incredible. Just mind numbingly, inspiringly, relatably amazing. It's his house and all his possessions, from the 18th and early 19th centuries, left as he had it. Not overwhelming like the British Museum, just relatable and a real peek into the mind of an 18th century gentleman architect. Really really cool, and it has completely inspired how I will decorate my house from now on.

See it quick, before I mistakenly affect the space time continuum yet again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!