Saturday, March 25, 2006

oh YEAH

I just got back from my massage.

Oh fucking YEAH. Hurt so good. Like, I totally want a cigarette now, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge wink wink.

Oh, but wait. I don't mean it came with "happy ending" or anything like that. EW! It was just a really great massage. Swedish with aromatherapy. Then she did some Thai massage back cracking stuff on me and I felt like a giant walrus compared to her...but oh my god she totally popped every vertebrae I have and then a few I am not quite sure of.

I slept like a rock last night, then got up this morning to head for the massage. It was in this lovely new building, surrounded by all these run down wierd buildings. I walked about a mile to get there, and felt so foreign. Usually I manage to just go about my business wherever i am, but here I just feel...foreign. It's cool. Kind of. But also scary, because if I got run over by a car (which could happen very easily) no one would no who I was or where i came from. So, I take my ass in my hands if i ever try to cross the street. I feel very brave, but I also admit I wait for a local to start crossing the street first, then follow them. Might as well let them lead the way, and less risk of my getting squashed if there are two of us! I only crossed the street once, it's too scary. Unfortunately, it also felt like everything I wanted to see was on the OTHER side of the road! There were NO other white people. Well, one crazy guy who "woo'ed" at me. "Wooo! Woooooo!!! Woo woo!" Like that.

Bangkok is total sensual overload. You go from the enticing scent of jasmine and roasting meats directly to the scent of piss and garbage, within a few steps. My nose was twitching like a dog's, it just had too much to do. It's bloody hot, but honestly no worse than a summer day in Texas. It's just, there is less air conditioning here (I am told it's quite expensive!) so you sweat more because you are in the heat more.

After the massage I walked around a bit more, sweated, had some strange vietnamese food (I had to point at pictures on the menu, and the food did not look like the picture once it arrived on the table. I think I ate ass. Seriously. Grilled ass.) then sweated my way back to Colleen's flat, where I had a cold shower.

Now we are getting ready to go have facials, then we go to some fancy schmancy place for drinks and a birthday dinnner tonight. The place has a "no sandals" dress code, and I only brought...sandals. Damn this packing light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!