Friday, January 05, 2007

Why was I the only one who noted this?

On our flight to Tallinn on Norwegian Air, every seat had a little advertisement stuck to the tray tables. It's a new ploy to make some money, which, hey, that's fine with me, but I wonder who vets these ads, because maybe, just maybe they should sort of edit them first for appropriate placement?

So, I get into my seat, see the ad and bust out laughing. It's an ad for a new album by Norwegian singer Morten Abel:

Yeah, the title of the album was "Some of Us Will Make It".

And they put this ad on a PLANE!? A plane that's VERY FULL? In front of EVERY SEAT?

I dunno about you, but I don't want just SOME of us to make it, I want ALL of us to make it because if we don't it's gonna be one damned uncomfortable flight.

Nobody else on the plane saw the irony of it. I pointed it out to this one girl, and she just said, "Yes, it is a new album by a famous Norwegian singer". And I'm all, "Uh, yeah, but don't you think the title is a bit strange to be on an ad in a plane?" and she just shrugged and said "It's a good record". She totally didn't get why I was sniggering and taking pictures.

Is it just me or is this really funny? I still giggle thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!