Thursday, December 07, 2006

I join Mags in hearty disgust.

So, Christopher Hitchens writes an article in Vanity Fair that women aren't funny.

A bigger load of bullshit I have never read. He posits that women aren't funny because they don't need to be. That there is no reason for us to be and no payoff, because, basically, we've got "other attributes" (read: tits). He also goes on to say that we are better than men at finding what is "not funny". Huh? Maybe we are more subtle about it and don't always think a fart is fall over funny (though, admittedly, 9 times out of 10 I do...).

The funniest people in my life are women. When I laugh hard, it's with the goils.

My friend Lesley, here in Norway, routinely has me snorting wine out my nose. Karla May has me laughing so hard I can't breathe. Mags is one of the funniest I've ever known, both in person and in word. Drunk OR sober. My mom? Goofball extraordinaire. My friend Anne in Houston? Surrealist pun humor at its best.

I am a loyal reader of Vanity Fair, but this is a total piece of crap and I hope he is VILLIFIED by VF's largely FEMALE and liberal audience.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!