Thursday, August 31, 2006

In which my opinions become fixed

RE: Project Runway.

Jeffrey is an ASSHOLE.

I am rooting for either Laura (I like her cool Mom vibe, and how protective she is of Michael) or Michael. Michael is stealth, cool and has awesome taste.

RE: Back to work

Oh, Bugger.

RE: London

My head is still there. Did I mention I had a great time? I swear, the pub is the absolute best thing Man (probably Woman, though, if you think about it) has ever invented. I adore pubs. Cozy, comfy, no pressure, no worries about seeing and being seen, you just go with whoever you want (or a book) and have a nice pint of summat. Pubs. They should be a legal requirement every mile. The world would be a better place with more pubs.

RE: Istanbul

So I booked my trip to Istanbul to meet my parents there in October. Then, while in London I heard about these bombings that this Kurdish group is doing, specifically to scare tourists. AND I made the mistake of telling my mom about it. How the fuck am I uspposed to know the US news has mentioned NOTHING about it and so my mom didn't know anything and now she's all freaked out and wants to talk to the agent about cancelling their trip? Like, hello, there's bombings everywhere, if you cancelled your trip every time a bomb went off, you'd just stay home and never even go grocery shopping. So now I'm all, great, they are gonna cancel and i am stuck witha $500 non refundable ticket. THEY got travel cancellation insurance. I don't think Dad will let Mom wimp out, he's too excited about going back to his old stomping ground from his youth, but I am so annoyed at the American attitude that if you leave the US you are gonna DIE. (And MOM you are NOT American!) Americans have gotten frozen by the news that gets piped into them wherever they turn. The Brits? They just say "Eh. That's the world. It's not stopping me." And off they go. Livinng life. The chances of dying from a bomb are so much less than a car crash or a plane crash or probably even getting stuck by lightning.

More people die in London than Istanbul from bombs.....but people keep going there. And living there.

I mean, I wouldn't go to Iraq or anything, that would be risky and stupid, but Turkey is all about joining the EU and so I think they will start cracking down pretty hard on these Kurds. I mean, we are talking lifeblood of a nation here...no way are they gonna let a fringe group ruin their chances at EU membership and all those available tourist dollars (and pounds.)

I'm shutting up now. I didn't mean to talk turkey.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!