Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Well, I knew I wasn't a lifer

I'm a Talent!

You're a risk-taker, and you follow your passions. You're determined to take on the world and succeed on your own terms. Whether in the arts, science, engineering, business, or politics, you fearlessly express your own vision of the world. You're not afraid of a fight, and you're not afraid to bet your future on your own abilities. If you find a job boring or stifling, you're already preparing your resume. You believe in doing what you love, and you're not willing to settle for an ordinary life.

Talent: 59%
Lifer: 26%
Mandarin: 49%

Take the Talent, Lifer, or Mandarin quiz.



I'm just not sure where the term "mandarin" comes from.

In other news: I didn't spill anything on me today.

In other other news: I also only had two breakfust buns and water. So there was really nothing to spill.

In other other other news: My dad sent me an email today wherein he said he was "busier than a one armed paper hanger in a windstorm".

Now...pause. Clear your brain. Envision a one armed wallpaper hanger trying to hang wallpaper, in a room through which a windstorm is blowing. C'mon, REALLY think about it.

I bet you are giggling. (Yes, I know, the poor paper hanger guy has made a very unfortunate career choice. Don't be too sensitive here, ok?)

I've been busting out in laughter all day at that image. Dad has some really colorful old Ozark sayings, and I grew up used to hearing his colorful aphorisms, but I think this is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!