Thursday, August 24, 2006

I am annoyed with Project Runway

For those of you living outside the US, this might be a boring post, as it's about a US TV show that I am addicted to and download every week..... Project Runway. They just finished Season two here in Norway, but Season three is well on its way in the US right now.

Ok, so I am totally annoyed with Project Runway. This latest episode? A design for the "everyday woman". What the FUCK is an "everyday" woman? I guess an everyday woman is one that you see everyday, an average, nondescript, not size two woman? Of which more than 50% of us are? What does that make a model, then? A holiday woman?

The designers were MOANING about how they didn't know how to do the proportions for a bigger woman. Well, guess what? Most women are NOT models and maybe, just maybe, you should learn how to design for people outside your little narrow confines? Considering they will be the ones to buy your stuff if you ever make it as a designer? Grrr....

I mean, really. I'm not as big as many of the women on the show, but I am certainly not a size two, and I am incensed at their attitude. And I would like to SLAP Jeffrey for being so horrible to his "client" and am amazed he was not voted off for that cheap looking disaster he came up with. It looked like a janitor's outfit in dress form. UGH!

Roberts outfit wasn't all that and a bag of chips, but at least it was real world wearable, unlike Jeffrey's. Robert made his client happy. Jeffrey made his cry. Who deserves to get voted off, hmm? Who would have been FIRED had she been a real client? I also thought Vincent's dress was surprisingly nice, but let's face it, he's stuck in the 80's. Everything he has made has been 80's.

Grrr....everyday woman. That just annoys me. It's really kind of insulting and I am surprised Bravo didn't see that. They could have used a different term.....How about Modern Woman? Or just EVERY woman? I mean, who decides what an everyday woman is or not?

Well, this "everyday woman" is off to London. For me, right now, my plans include beer, every day, and fish and chips, every day and trips on the Tube, every day, and walks in Hyde Park, every day. And, a trip to Chatsworth, one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!