Friday, December 31, 2004

Friday Q

Since I am a lazy sod, I have decided to steal (well, with permission and full linkage, etc.) an idea from another guy's blog.

It's called Friday Q and it's four questions posted every Friday that I then answer on my blog. Ostensibly it's to help you get over the "what do I write about?" hump. In my case, I tend to have plenty to write about but I just wonder if folks want to hear it. So it's nice to just answer someone else's questions and not worry about if what I write is lame, boring or borish.

Before I start, though, let me just tell you that I am a very slothful person today. It's 2pm on NYE and I am still in my jammies. So is Rich. We will have a quiet evening, watching the fireworks from our windows, looking out over the fjord. Unlike in the US, folks here buy and set off their own fireworks, so the effect is of being in the middle of the fireworks show rather than watching it from afar. You do have to be careful of stray rockets (they have been known to come in open windows). Everyone has tile roofs, no worries about catching fire there, and the snow tends to put out anything that goes astray. You can see the explosions anywhere from 30 feet away to over a mile away, it's pretty spectacular, especially reflected off the snow.

This year it is supposed to be a more subdued celebration, due to the events in the Indian Ocean. Tomorrow is declared a day of mourning nationwide.

OK, now for the Friday Q:

FQ TOPIC:
Hopeful.

FQ1: What do you hope will be the big technology breakthrough in 2005?

Oh Jeez, I can tell that a guy asks these questions. For me, personally, I would wish for cd or dvd burning to be as easy as making a cassette tape used to be. I am a relative newbie to downloading music and burning cd's, but I have found making cd's to be onerous, persnickety and downright frustrating. I just want to push a button that says "record". Like on the old stereo systems we had in the 80's? Like that.
As for a large scale tech breakthrough, hell, um, better weather and natural warning systems to help prevent the huge losses of the past year to hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, flooding and tornadoes.

FQ2: What do you hope will be the big medical breakthrough in 2005?

Making men be the ones to give birth, haha. Seriously, a cure for cancer. Always.

FQ3: What do you hope will be the big entertainment breakthrough in 2005?

Gwen Stefani and Paris Hilton will fall off the face of the Earth. Please? Also, people will finally recognize the true and complete brilliance of Gary Numan's music of the past few years. But he will still be my secret.....

FQ FUTURE: It's one year from now! What was your greatest accomplishment in 2005?

To have learned html, perfected my German and vastly increased my jewelry making skills. Also, to have become a more patient person. And paid off my debt. Yeah, so that's more than one. I'm a multi-tasker.

Happy New Year! May 2005 be the year when it all comes together, all your problems go away and all your dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!