Friday, March 26, 2010

Familiar sign from home

Daniel Johnston is coming to Oslo for a show!
I'm always amazed at the absolute appreciation for Austin music here, and this flyer, which I found last night at a little bar off Karl Johans gate, just goes to show how many ties there are between Norway and Texas, musically.
Such a thrill to see such an iconic Austin image right here in Oslo (that little froggy thing is imbedded in my brain from a mural on the side of the Sound Exchange, my favorite record store in college, on Guadalupe street by campus.) It's a vivid and evocative remembrance of home and all the good things about my beloved town.
I am never far from Austin in my heart. I think that goes for many Norwegians, too. They have good taste in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!