Friday, February 08, 2008

I know I KNOW I'm lame

Sorry for not posting much this week. I'm just not feeling it, you know? Not that things haven't been popping, in fact that might be part of my problem. By the time I get home I'm too damned tired to get out the computer (which is not working with wireless AT ALL and so we have to attach to the dsl cord) and be witty when all I want is a hot bath and sleep.
 
It was, still an interesting week.
 
Wednesday morning I went to a gathering at the Hard Rock Cafe for the results (ha!) of Super Tuesday. It was hosted by Democrats Abroad, Republicans Abroad and the Independents. (Independents not being joiners, there isn't really a group for them.) We had a big buffet breakfast and lots of speechifying. I haven't made any secret of the fact that I tend not to seek out Americans here, mainly because now that I am out of the US I sort of want to get to know people from OTHER countries, but it was nice to hear American accents all over. The press was there, but of course they only interviewed the Ambassador (who was there and seemed a pretty cool guy) and the Norwegian Americans there. They sort of skipped us non-Noggie Americans.
 
The informal vote we took of those present was a landslide for Obama, with Hilary next and then McCain a fairly distant third. Ron Paul got a vote, as did Huckabee. (Or as another blogger deemed him, 'Fuckabee' which still cracks my ass up.)
 
Honestly, I was really just in it for the breakfast. It ended up being more of a British fry up with bacon, eggs, baked beans, tomatoes and potatoes, though in a nod to our strange American customs they did have a jar of Skippy peanut butter out. Imagine my giggles when some of the press started taking pictures of the peanut butter jar, as that is obviously SO American to have that at breakfast. hahahaha.
 
The rest of the week has been taken up with machinations at work regarding moving offices and getting our new departmental set up figured out. Still in progress.
 
Rant for the week:
 
Yesterday I wanted to kill every teenager in Norway as they all decided, en masse, to get in my way no matter WHAT I tried to do. WHY do they all have to hang in giant herds of teenage annoyingness? Don't they have SCHOOL?
 Kids, I just want my damned coffee so GET OUT OF MY WAY! Why do 15 of you have to get coffee in a pack?? Can't you send the one to get the coffee and the rest of you go back to the parking lot to smoke cigarettes or make graffitti or whatever it is you kids these days do? (She says leaning on her cane.) SOME of us NEED the coffee to function, and you guys are pissing me off by interfering in my routine. And quit getting in my way when I am running for the train. I have to be somewhere, and it's obvious you are just moseying somewhere to loaf.  Make a space in your herd for us loners to get by!
 
And you, young man, pull your damned pants up. I don't need to see your bony butt. And sweetie, you are a gorgeous girl, so why would you hide your light under a bushel and wear those horrible sweatpants with pockets on the sides that make your cute young ass look double wide and droopy? I mean, maybe it's better than the skin tight low rise jeans you were wearing last year where I saw your Snoopy thong, but still...happy medium much? And all of you...take those damned hoods offf! You are not rappers!
 
Yes I am my mother. Bite me.


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!