Stolen from Dave. I am also working on an awesome one that Bookhart developed. Hers is HARD for someone who can't remember song names EVER, so it might take me a bit of time. Try it yourself and let me know when you do.
1. How old do you wish you were? I really liked 33. I felt great that year. 21 was good too.
2. Where were you when 9/11 happened? I was going to start a new job the very next day. Unfortunately I also had stress related hives and my lips had swollen to three times their normal size, making me look a bit like Lisa Rinna, which scared the crap out of me. So I was home, stoned on anti-anxiety medication, icing my lips and yes, using Preparation H on them to down the swelling, when I saw the news. My lips reswelled and I got really drunk, thinking, well, shit that's it, the world's over. I started my new job the next day hungover AND with swollen lips. My new boss mentioned, nicely, that I looked "different from the interview". Uh, yeah, that would be the GIANT LIPS on my face....NICE.
3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Kick them, curse. The usual. Hard to be zen about a machine screwing you over.
4. Do you consider yourself kind? .....Kind of what?
5. If you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be? I have two, I want two more.
6. If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be? I'd like to get my German going again. Then it's a toss up between Italian and Spanish (which I also studied.)
7. Do you know your neighbors? Yeah. They're nice.
8. What do you consider a vacation? Anywhere that's not home. And involves, ideally, a plane, train, boat or road trip of longer than 6 hours.
9. Do you follow your horoscope? Yeah. But not obsessively. Though I did have my horoscope read in Thailand and let me tell you, it was pretty on target. In fact, it made me superstitious about the color blue (they said it was bad luck for me) and I won't buy blue clothes anymore...
10. Would you move for the person you loved? I have, many times. Would like to stop doing that soon.
11. Are you touchy feely? I can be. I'm a hugger.
12. Do you believe that opposites attract? Absofuckinglutely.
13. Dream job? Fashion maven. Righter of fashion wrongs. Billionaire playgirl (though not anything like the horrible Paris Hilton...more an old school Doris Duke. Or Babe Paley.)
14. Favorite channels? Sigh. Not many channels here that aren't documentary Discovery type ones. I guess BBC Prime.
15. Favorite place to go on a weekend? A long walk on a beautiful day. Barring that, London.
16. Showers or Bath? Bath, baby, bath.
17. Do you paint your nails? It's optimistic to consider my nails to actually be nails and thus paintable, but I do occasionally do so. My toenails are always a color not seen in nature.
18. Do you trust people easily? Not really anymore. I used to. That sorta got broken out of me.
19. What are your phobias? Things with exoskeletons or more than 4 legs. Bird feet. Swimming when I can't see the bottom and something brushes up against me.
20. Do you want kids? Yes but I am thinking it's not gonna happen.
21. Do you keep a handwritten journal? No. I find handwriting annoying now.
22. Where would you rather be right now? Texas.
23. What makes you feel warm and safe? A hug from a loved one. A beer with a good pal. Snuggling up in my bed.
24. Heavy or light sleep? Both. It varies, though mostly light.
25. Are you paranoid? Why do you ask that? Huh? Why? Did you hear something I should know?
26. Are you impatient? Fuck yes.
27. Who can you relate to? My close girlfriends. They accept my weaknesses, shore up my insecurities and applaud my successes. I would literally die without them.
28. How do you feel about interracial couples? No problems. I know quite a few. People are people, love is love. This is a stupid question, actually.
29. Have you been burned by love? Oh yes.
30. Whats your life motto? I'm working on it, but it's basically "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Seems to cover a myriad of situations.
31. What's your main ringtone on your mobile? I hate mobiles. I try not to use one if I can help it. I don't like phones in general. Email me, that's my way to communicate. If I must use a mobile, I just use the standard Nokia one.
32. What were you doing at midnight last night? At midnight last night I told my almost asleep husband "Happy Anniversary". He snorted, said "Is it midnight?"and rolled over. We've been married a while.....
33. Who was your last text message from? See number 31.
34. Who's bed did you sleep in last night? Mine. Duh.
35. What color shirt are you wearing? I am wearing a celadon green linen wrap around dress from Noa Noa. I feel cool and crisp.
36. Most recent movie you watched? I decided to plumb the depths of my insanity last night and watch "Showgirls". I am on a strange and embarrassing Paul Verhoven kick. It's kind of painful, I am considering therapy.
37. Name five things you have on you at all times? My tattoos, my hair, my little Coach wallet, keys and my glasses.
38. What color are your bed sheets? I just changed them today. Black.
39. How much cash do you have on you right now? 117 kroner.
40. What is your favorite part of a chicken? Breast. I am a breast girl. White meat always.
41. What's your favorite town/city? London. Austin.
42. I cant wait till...I get to move my furniture back into my house in Austin.
43. Who got you to join MySpace? AAARRRGGGG!!!!!
44. What did you have for dinner last night? Popcorn. Freshly kettle popped and served with a big glass of cold milk. Childhood comfort food.
45. How tall are you barefoot? 5 feet 10 inches of all womanly goodness.
46. Have you ever smoked crack? Fuck no. Why the hell would I? I buy shoes and facial creams, I don't need to spend money on drugs.
47. Do you own a gun? Nope. Ok, I have glue gun and a stencil cutting gun.
48. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I like to drink in the love reflected in the eyes of my adored husband. I drink in the sunlight streaming into the bedroom. I drink in the essence of life.
OK, I lied. I like a big mocha with vanilla syrup.
49. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? I got mojo coming out my ears, baby. It's no secret. It's just ME! (Ok, so cleavage helps.)
50. Do you have A.D.D.? Not really. I can concentrate on a task I am interested in for a long time.
51. What time did you wake up today? 9:30.
52. Current worry? Near future: next year or so. Where I will be, what will happen, can you ever really go home again. I need to stop it, it does me no good.
53. Current hate? George Bush, American politics, American government. It all makes my blood boil.
54. Favorite place to be? I love London. I also love just being in the sun. Or being in bed. Or just being.
55. Where would you like to travel? I want to hit the Baltic states, Istanbul, India, Greece, Croatia, more of Italy and can you believe I have not been to Spain yet?
56. Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs? As long as I am healthy and not poverty stricken, I'm fine with wherever. Would prefer Austin or Santa Fe. London would not suck.
57. Last thing you ate? Popcorn last night., I am presently boiling an egg.
58. What songs do you sing in the shower? Me? Sing? Where someone might hear me? No way.
59. Last person that made you laugh? Rich.
60. Worst injury you've ever had? I'm fairly lucky with the injuries. Couple of sprained ankles is the extent. I did have a miscarriage, in 2004, which kind of sucked.
61. Does someone have a crush on you? Probably. I'm crushable. Wait, that sounds wrong.
62. What is your favorite candy? Peanut M&M's. Or Nerds.