Thursday, October 09, 2008

my hair likes Norway but despises Texas

My hair has certainly made its choice as to what country it prefers.

Norway by far.

In Norway my hair is full, glossy and fluffy with curls. Looks like a Pantene commercial.

In Texas? Stringy, frizzy and not so much curly as just unruly.

I think it's the water. I noticed that in both Austin (where the drought has the unfortunate effect of making the water smell like algae) and Houston, I never felt like I got all the shampoo out of my hair, and the Curls Rock that I always use just sort of weighed my hair down. The water in Texas is quite soft I think. And my hair did NOT like it.

Back here in Norway, the harder water cleaned out all the residue and the Curls Rock is effective once more and my hair is happy again.

Now if only I could say the same, as it is hard to come back after spending time with all my family and loved ones in the SUN and WARMTH. I'm always a bit down after a trip home. I get over it, as there is lots here I like, but it takes a bit of adjustment just the same.

So excuse me if I am morose.

However, I did manage to get re-registered to vote while in Texas and just sent off for my ballot today. So at least I got that taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!