Thursday, September 20, 2007

Feelin' groovy

I had a Big Shopping Day today.

Drove the hour and a half to Springfield today and hit the mall. Got some much needed basic t's and sweaters, some cute winter boots (well, cute for rainproof, snow proof, flannel lined, lug rubber soled lace up brown Ecco boots), some Lucky jeans, an AWESOME jacket and skirt and, most necessary of all, a haircut.

Getting my hair cut in Norway costs me minimum $100., and as the average head there has straight blonde hair on it, it is kind of hard to find someone who is good with curly hair. So I tend to save my haircuts for when I am either in the UK, Italy or the US. (OK, I've only been to Italy twice, but it is the home of the curly titian haired woman and DAMN they can cut curly hair there). It always ends up being cheaper if I do it outside Norway. I don't want anything trendy (the salons in Norway are great at trendy angular cuts for people with straight hair), just some layers to make my curls bounce around in a lion's mane. It's my look and I am sticking with it.

Today I walked into a Regis haircutter in the mall, no appointment, and got a GREAT haircut from a tiny Vietnamese lady for $35. It air dried and looks like a million bucks. LOVE HER! I feel so much better. I haven't had a haircut since March, in London, and I really needed one.

I also had some AWESOME Mexican food. OHMYFUGGINGGOD it was great. All sloppy cheese and guac and salsa and spicy fillings dripping out of tortillas. Heaven. 8 hours later I am still urping up salsa.

Got home and Mom poured me a glass of wine so big I couldn't finish it. A nice Tomassi Ripasso. Hic!

It was pretty much a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!