Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Worst. Fucking. Cold. Ever.

Brief pause/rant in the middle of all the Turkey fun.

This fucking cold will NOT let go of me. It's the 5th day of this peice of shit and I swear, now? I really think I do have the plague. Minus the buboes and death. Hopefully. You can never be too sure.

What really sucks about all this is that every day this cold is different. One day was the deep chest cough. Then the sore throat. Then the combo of the two. That hurt, no lie.

Monday I didn't go to work becuase I thought I'd take it easy and make sure I was ok, that was the day I felt weak and dizzy. Yesterday I did go to work and had to come home with bad chills. And now? Oh now is fun. Now is the Snot Monster. My nose is so snotty it itches to breathe through it. I look like a medieval idiot, sitting here with my mouth open, my face droopy and bleary eyes, just trying to see or breathe. I'm hawkin' up loogies the size of....well, really big loogies.

This is seriously pissing me off, y'all, not least because I don't have the medicine for ALL these contingencies. I have cough medicine (expectorant/decongestant). I have Nyquil (nightimesnifflingsneezingcoughingachingstuffyheadfeverso I can be stoned medicine). And I have Benadryl, see the desciption for Nyquil, except it's really only all about being stoned. I can't take the second two and be a functioning adult human in the daytime, and the cough stuff is doing fuck all for the itchiness and heaviness in the middle of my face.

The only thing worse than me having this? Is when Rich gets it. Because a) things hit men harder and b) I really am a shitty nurse.

Back to regularly schedule travel goofiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!