Saturday, October 21, 2006

lesson #1

When going to Turkey, don't bother getting your visa ahead of time.

When I got there, I felt all smug that I had gotten my visa in advance, only to notice that there was NO line at the visa window and I could have done it in approximately two minutes.

So much for feeling all prepared and smug.

Urg. Feeling woozy..... back to bed. More lessons in the days to come including: how to behave in a Turkish bath, how to deal with Turkish cab drivers, how to say thank you in Turkish (it's like, 6 syllables long and took me three days to get right), why Russian tourists in Turkey should all be on "What Not to Wear", why you should beware ot Turkish wine, and how to avoid buying a carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!