Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I'm Cold

Brrrr......

Winter has arrived. Last week we got LOTS of snow, and by lots I mean so much that the busses could not run, there was chaos in the streets and everyone was taken by surprise. Then they all went skiing. It's play time for Norwegians when the first snow comes and boy do they love to ski.

Me, well, I'm a hot weather kinda gal, and I really don't see the point in going out when it's cold. Why? It's just gonna be me outside in the cold instead of inside and warm. And snow? I don't do snow. It's wet and cold and it clings to you and it's damned hard to walk in (and drive in). I LIKE to walk. It's one of my favorite pasttimes. Not to mention my preferred form of transportation. Walking in the snow is well nigh impossible. Hence, the Norwegians invented skiing. I don't ski. I prefer my legs in working order and not broken, thanks. I am klutzy enough to recognize that skiing is "ouch" in my personal dictionary.

Don't get me wrong. Snow is lovely. It's beautiful the way it blankets the trees and turns everything sparkling white and clean. Everything has a blue hue to it, from the reflected light, and there is a wonderful silence. Cars and trains and noisy things are muffled by the insulating snow. It gives everything a peaceful aspect, like a living Ansel Adams photo.

But I don't want to go out in it. I prefer to watch it from the windows. Which makes for a REALLY long boring winter. 6 months of it. rrgg.

Did I mention I am a hot weather kinda gal? In Texas we have two seasons: Hot. And Not So Hot. I know how to do hot. I am happiest in 100 degrees wearing a tank top, a skirt and some sandals. As little clothes as possible. But winter? This winter thing has me all flummoxed. I just don't know how to do it.

Look for me in a warm place near you sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!