Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Joy

Perhaps, if you have read my random scribblings for a little while, you might know of my absolute love for Robert Plant?

Well, I've been giving his new album, Band of Joy, a listen and can I just say...the love stays strong.

First song, Angel Dance? Awesome. Love it. Makes me happy. Third song, Central-Two-O-Nine? Awesome as well. And so on....

I don't know what it is about Plant's music I like. Perhaps that he goes to the root of things, and that his curiosity for the world and different forms of music is so infectious? He's just so willing to give things a try, check them out, play with them...and then move on to something else. (But it's always something else cool.) He just seems to be a traveler on this earth, experiencing all it offers, and learning from it every step of the way. As someone who has a similar life philosophy, I find his music just speaks to me on almost a soul level. I love learning his journey with him (damn I wanna buy that guy a beer!) Also, I really do like blues and roots music of the Southern US, and somehow he has the perfect mannerism and voice for that kind of music. And don't EVEN get me started on his mastery of North African music and the Moroccan influence of No Quarter.

Love!

Nobody was on my floor of the office this afternoon, so I cranked up the Plant while I worked. Chair dancing makes spreadsheets much more fun.

I can't wait til I get to see him here in Oslo!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!