Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I am that powerful (karma is a bitch)

So you may or may not know, but I am in Austin. Austin has had a severe drought for a year now. So of course, I figured I'd be totally set for sun and fun and tan-getting, right?

Yes, but this is me we are talking about, so of course today it BUCKETED down rain, just poured it down. Now, I am not complaining, really, as I know how much they need is here, but I mean, really? There were 365 other days it could have rained, 52 other weeks it could have rained, and it has to pick one that I am here and I want to be in the sun. Obviously, I brought the rain with me, I mean, I kept trying to send it from Oslo and that didn't work, so I had to physically bring it in my suitcase and let it out on arrival, for it to build itself back up and drench Austin.

So, you're welcome. Well, mostly, because after I got drenched the 4th time running to my car, I finally broke down and bought an umbrella...and the rain stopped immediately. I gorgot about that quirk in my powers.

My superpower? Control over the sky by the mere expedient of buying (or not) an umbrella.

Also, in other news, I have eaten nothing but tacos since I got to Texas. It's been AWESOME.

1 comment:

  1. jaymo9:37 AM

    What, they don't have Hardee's in Austin? Or good BBQ, or pizza? Get the food groups, girl!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!