Thursday, June 07, 2012

I love London bullet post

Some reasons why I love London:

  • Shoes, even at full price, are half the price of Norwegian ones. (I bought two pairs today.)
  • People here are NICE.
  • I bought some new glasses today, at a shop I had been to maybe 6 years ago. 
  • The guy REMEMBERED me. Not only did he remember me, he remembered the glasses I bought, that I live in Oslo and that I am from Texas. Holy crap!
  • I love my new glasses.
  • I love people who love nerdy glasses. We are the blind, the proud, the nerdy!
  • Today I saw a huge, manly, beefy tattooed guy standing outside a pub drinking...rosé. Real Men Drink Pink!
  • Right after that, I went into a take away sushi place and there was another big burly tattooed guy buying a little sushi plate. 
  • My sushi plate was bigger than his. Heh. 
  • I like British guys, they live how they want and don't care what people think.
  • They look great in suits too. 
  • This hotel has the best bar ever. 
  • Cozy, small, posh but comfortable. 
  • Fabulous clientele (all in nerd glasses, so I fit right in) 
  • Friendly staff. 
  • Had lunch with my aunt and uncle today.
  • I gave my aunt the ancient and HUGE family atlas that my grandparents had given me.
  • She's the family historian so it seemed right to do so. 
  • Also I don't have kids to hand it down to.
  • She loved it. 
  • That thing weighs a good 14 lbs. 
  • A right bitch to carry in my suitcase.
  • BUT I can buy stuff to take its place so yeay. 
  • Anyhow, we went to a place called Delaunay, on Aldwych, a Viennese style restaurant. 
  • It was REALLY good. 
  • One of the best schnitzels I have ever had. 
  • It was listed in this week's Time Out as one of the 100 places you have to eat in London.
  • It started raining hard while we were eating. 
  • I literally squelched through London today.
  • Totally wore the wrong shoes. Little sandals?
  • My feet were wet in seconds and, well, I squelched. 
  • The shoes leaked dye or something and the soles of my feet are purple. 
  • I hope that comes off. I don't want purple feet.
  • So for dinner I had a little hotel room picnic on the floor consisting of my takeaway sushi and a glass of rosé from the bar downstairs. 
  • Now I am going to watch Sunday's episode of Mad Men.
  • I read what happened on Jezebel (damned spoilers) but I still can't believe it. 
  • Tomorrow I wander some more, and then this weekend I will go visit some friends in Leamington Spa.
  • I am going to be brave and not bring my laptop. 
  • Yes, I am going MacCommando (ie, sans Mac.)
  • Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I love Leamington Spa, so pretty! I grew up just a few miles away and worked in the area for many years too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!