Saturday, April 14, 2012

Today made up for yesterday

After yesterday's suck, and last night's suck remedy (getting plastered) I figured today would be Suck Day 2: Electric Boogaloo.

But it turned out fucking awesome.

I woke up with an impending hangover, and was a bit leery of getting out of bed. Luckily last night I had the presence of mind to do the following before hitting the sack: I drank a good quantity of water, took two milk thistle capsules, swallowed a Benadryl and took vitamin B. (Apparently antihistamines are a good hangover preventative as they ward off the immune response that causes the hangover).

So this morning I was a bit squishy, but all in all, not too bad, considering what I deserved.

I had to go to work to take care of some stuff that has looming deadlines, that for one reason or another I couldn't finish. Things that have really been stressing me out. Surprise! A hangover gives you a definite attitude of 'who the fuck cares' so I kind of breezed through what I needed to do with a minimum of fuss and bother. That devil-may-care attitude is something I need to remember in future.

My traditional breakfast food would be a breakfast taco, but as that is not available here, instead I had a big piece of chocolate cake from a bakery en route to the office. Really good hangover food, is cake. Nom nom.

After work I trundled over to Bogstadveien (Oslo's shopping street) to check out the latest H&M collections. And discovered by accident that today was the big Bogstadveien Outdoor Shopping Festival! SCORE! So not only did I get some pretty awesome stuff at H&M, but I found the sale from hell at Høyer and got a black leather and linen strapless sheath dress (By Malene Birger) for 400 nok, (down from 3500), a white muslin dress from Ralph Lauren for 400 (down from 1500) and a really sweet 50's style knee length pleated circle skirt (oh so mad men) for 250 nok, (down from 2800)!!!!! I decided that my luck was too good at that point and walked home, a nice walk through some posh streets with grand fin de siecle apartments, and happened by another shop where I scored the PERFECT pair of Katherine Hepburn style wide legged pleated pants for 75% off.

I am so psyched, because my weight loss and working out is paying off in SPADES in just being able to buy these clothes alone. I couldn't have fit a size 40 sheath dress last year. This year? Like butter. Wow does that dress fit nice.

Cherry on the cake....it's a gorgeous day. A cute boy smiled and said hi to me, for no reason. That has never happened to me in Norway, ever. Must've been my goofy grin.

2 comments:

  1. I guess Karma isn't always a bitch, eh? :) Don't know why you had a bad day, but glad to hear it got better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might just be the best day you could have in Norland, congrats!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!