Thursday, January 05, 2012

my pants

IMG-20120105-01048.jpg by karlakp
IMG-20120105-01048.jpg, a photo by karlakp on Flickr.

My pants have this vaguely Asian language print on them. I've had them for years. I rarely wear them because, once, I wore them when I was at Epcot on a vacation and people (mostly Asians) kept staring at me. And staring. And staring. I don't generally like having my ass stared at in the best of times, so of course t his started to wig me out.

I got totally paranoid, then, because I realized, these pants could be a total billboard of stupidity. Like, the fabric designer could have written all over the fabric (and hence my ass) things like "The person wearing these pants is an idiot!" or "This is the biggest ass in the world!" "I am fat and ugly and my butthole smells funny!" and I'd totally be walking around oblivious to the fact that my pants are a giant joke perpetrated by some clever and cruel fabric designer.
Think about it. It could happen.
So, even though I love these pants, they fit like the bomb and they are red and black, which I love, I rarely wear them because i am really jsut too worried about what they might say.
Yeah, first world problem or what?

2 comments:

  1. Interesting problem to have! I wonder if any of your friends might be able to read them for you if you posted a photo (flat on the floor if you're not into the whole "my can on the internet" thing). Could be worse...you could be one of those unfortunate people who have tats with what they thought were really insightful Asian expressions, only to find that they're complete gibberish or worse. First world problems indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't you find out from someone exactly what they say? It would drive me nuts not to know.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!