Monday, May 30, 2011

Things i have put in my ear in the past week

  • My finger
  • q tips (DON'T tell me how bad that is, I KNOW NOW!)
  • My elbow (they say never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear.)
  • Water
  • Olive oil
  • Norwegian ear cleaning spray
  • US ear cleaning stuff
  • British ear cleaning stuff
  • Norwegian antibiotic/steroid drops, doctor prescribed
  • Vodka (Yes. Really.)
  • Hydrogen Peroxide. (Felt like ANTS in my BRAIN! ANTS! BRAIN!)
  • Vinegar
  • More (different) Norwegian ear cleaning stuff
  • A squeezy rubber bulb to 'earigate' my ear.
So now I am pretty convinced I don't have an infection, but either an allergy thing or impacted wax. Either way, the hydrogen peroxide seemed to be the most effective but wow, was it a WIERD feeling.

My ears are still a bit clogged, especially the right one, but I am loth to put anything else in there for fear of it falling off or something.

Kids, don't get ear infections/impacted ear wax/whatever the fuck this is, as an adult. I've had a really shitty week.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yuck poor you! This is an area I've had a problem with all my life. Have you been to see a doctor yet? You may need to have your ear irrigated, which sounds scary but feels lovely. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. karlakp10:40 AM

    I went to the doc and he said infection but I'm thinking of trying to get in to see an ENT, maybe that might get some results. ARGH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. H2O2 is probably the most common effective treatment. "Mama, don't let your babies grow up to get ear infections."

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!