Friday, February 11, 2011

Send my remains to Austin

I decided yesterday in a moment of spontaneous madness to join a company ski trip to Trysil this weekend.

Lord have mercy. When the body bag is delivered to my husband, have him cremate me and send my ashes to Austin to be spread on the warm Texas breezes, willya?

I do have cross country skis, and I have skied a few times in that style. So I lugged my rugged weekend wear into the office, skis, boots, hats, wool longjohns, etc, so that I could catch the bus to the trip later this afternoon.

I don't think it's a good sign that when my coworkers saw me coming in with skis and stuff, that to a man they bust out laughing and said, between guffaws, "YOU'RE skiing?"

Well, yes?

I mean, I DO have legs, I am in decent (not great) shape, and can manage to glide myself around on the (flat) cross country tracks. I'm not saying I am a good cross country skiier, and I get terrified on a downhill slope, but I have done it a few times. I'm willing to give it another go.

The fact that there is supposed to be lots of apres ski partying and there is a jacuzzi and a spa at the cabin we are staying at has nothing whatsoever to do with my decision to give this trip a go.

Nope, none whatsoever.

3 comments:

  1. Jaymo6:24 AM

    Work hard, play hard, wear glasses if you need 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CaliGirlTrace7:46 AM

    Hi there I am in Norway for the month of February. And umm.. can you say.. COLD?? I have been here since the 2nd but today.. it is the coldest, I think, lol! Well, hey regarding your blog post.. I'd go skiing just to get the time in the jacuzzi and spa, lol! Have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least you don't have to continuously prove your un-Norwegian-ness. I haven't gone near a pair of planks since 1984. Yay me.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!