Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Because this is my life

It's icy as HELL outside this week. We had a lot of snow over the weekend, then a sudden thaw, then it refreezes every night to make ice. The sidewalks are skating rinks.

So today on the way home, I gingerly negotiated the icy sidewalks, made it through to the drier area, only to end up slipping on a frozen banana peel. You can't make this kind of shit up, you really can't. My life is a comedy cliché, I swear. I couldn't help but laugh.

Especially as I needed the bit of absurdism after a dismally shitty day. Life always manages to remind me to not sweat the small stuff, there is always something funny around the corner. Thank god for that, I was about ready to punch a kitten or something.

1 comment:

  1. geologyrider11:53 AM

    You know, I've actually tried to slip on banana peels before (not intentionally of course!) and it never worked.  I figured there must be something wrong with all those cartoons!  But freezing the banana peel first?  Genius!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!