Sunday, May 09, 2010

Random on Mother's Day

  • Happy Mother's Day Mom.
  • I don't think one silly Sunday can come close to expressing how much you mean to me, and I hope I manage to get that point across all year round. Cuz, Mom? You rock.
  • I'll call you later, ok?
  • In the meantime, I think I have found the perfect book to express my spiritual journey of late. I bought it today on Amazon UK.
  • And this is it.
  • I mean, really is there anything better? And it's written by a former Anglican priest. CLASSIC.
  • (Thanks to Grant, actually, for the Amazon gift certificate with which I bought my new spiritual guide to life.)
  • I planted my window boxes today with pretty petunias and margaritas. (That's what they call them here, little daisy flowers?)
  • So that's four boxes of pretty out there on the balcony.
  • Grow babies grow!
  • Sadly, it's still pretty freaking chilly out, even though yesterday was quite gorgeous. I even managed to wear shorts for a while yesterday!
  • I had a big giggle yesterday when Rich and I were walking around and this old dude, across the street from us, let out a TREMENDOUS fart.
  • I mean, a total hooter.
  • Rich and I looked at each other, like, "Did we really hear that?" and I started giggling.
  • The old dude just kept walking along unconcernedly, his fart still reverberating from the pavement.
  • When I am old, I want to fart like HIM and do it out loud and proud in public and not CARE that anyone hears me.
  • I'm not quite there yet, though.
  • Rich is closer, that dude can FART.
  • He's gonna kill me for that.
  • Yesterday I bought a really stupid pair of jeans.
  • Faded and torn up, with elastic at the bottom and a narrow but not tight fit.
  • They are kind of teenagery, really.
  • But I don't care! I love them!
  • They are comfortable as hell, and kind of silly, and trendy for about another month, so I will wear them until they fall apart (with all the holes that won't take long) and be comfortable while doing it.
  • I wish they had some that didn't have holes in them, and weren't so faded, but had the same fit.
  • Stupid pants! I love stupid pants!
  • And balcony plants! I love stupid pants and balcony plants!
  • And now I'm gonna go call my Mommy and make dinner, perhaps at the same time, because I am woman and that's how I roll, yo.
  • And, last but not least, Happy Mother's Day to all my beloved gal friends, whether you are a biological mom, and adopted mom, an auntie mom or a one of the moms that helps that village raise the child.
  • We may not all have children of our own, but that doesn't mean we aren't all part of the village.
  • (Even if I might be the village idiot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!