Sunday, April 18, 2010

Iceland we want your cash not your ash!

Jeez, is this ash thing crazy or what? Right now I've got friends or coworkers stuck in London, Rio, New Orleans, Paris, Houston, and New York. I've got others that are needing to get to Perth, London, the US and so on.

Nobody goin' anywhere. All stuck. Might be getting my boss back from London on a bus. That does NOT sound fun.

And this weekend? Sunny and clear, except for a wierd little bout of snow that happened this afternoon. I was sitting outside on the balcony, where it is warm in the sun. I was wearing shorts. I saw some stuff fall from the sky and thought "ASH!". But it wasn't, it was snow. Bollocks. But it was a sad little snow fall and didn't even bother trying to stick. How strange, though, to sit out side sunning yourself (hey, it was like, 15C in the sun!) and snow falls on you? That does NOT happen in Texas.

But it was warm enough that I went ahead and planted my planter boxes today. I love digging in the dirt and planting pretty flowers! I think I managed to only drizzle a little dirt onto the heads of the people down below at the coffee house. (Heh.)

Tomorrow's going to be an interesting day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!