Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Why we have not bought a place in Norway

Here's an article in the NYT about Oslo house prices and the housing market.

AT $500++ a square foot, there is no way we can afford to buy a place here plus keep the house in Austin. Also, banks want a 25% down payment when you buy. I don't have 150k lying around, at least, not last time I checked my bank balance. And I'm not selling the Austin house to make a downpayment on something here!

Well, our apartment in Oslo is a great size, I like it, and I think we are getting a great deal renting it, so this article just makes me feel a little better about not owning in Norway (though we get asked every day why we haven't bought yet.)

Answer? Can't afford anything in a size we can live with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!