Tuesday, October 27, 2009

this is not my beautiful wife

I feel like that Talking Heads song....How did I get here?

People, I'm busy. So damned busy. It's funny how, for years I was all wanting a career and was so impressed by people who were busy and running around and on their cell phones all the time....I thought they looked so important. So productive. So focussed. So successful.

Now, I just think they are stressed. Like me. Stressed and overwhelmed and just trying to keep my head above water. It's not about being successful. It's just about trying to manage it all.

I will see my husband a total of 4 days in November. I, or he, will be traveling the rest of the time. I will see him November 7, 8 9 and 10th. That's it. Like the old days when he used to travel alot. Except, now? It's me traveling.

I'm not sure which is harder...being the one left behind or the one leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!