Sunday, May 03, 2009

Things that have happened/that I thought about, in the past week

  • Went for a wonderful long walk on Friday. Us and some friends. We walked along a coastal walk not far from here, along the fjord, through ancient farms and a lovely little holiday area that felt like it was in New England. Gorgeous day.
  • One wierd thing happened on our walk?
  • As we walked along the path, we saw a guy climbing straight up a very tall pine tree in the woods.
  • He had a camera. He was a really good climber.
  • When he got to the top of the tree, he started taking pictures of a boat about 50 yards away in the fjord. There was a lady on it, lying in the sun.
  • I think he was a papparrazzo.
  • He said it was his boat and he was taking pictures of it.
  • Seems like a lot of painful effort to get a shot of your own boat!
  • Me and Pam called bullshit on that one.
  • I might have gotten a semblance of color from walking on that sunny day. From white to off-white.
  • Hoping to repeat the experience today on a smaller scale. Walkies! Waiting for the sun to come out!!
  • Made bacon wrapped scallops and roasted new potatoes last night. Might lightly pre-cook the bacon before wrapping the scallops next time. Bacon here is kind of thick and wasn't crisp enough by the time the scallops were ready.
  • Scallops? Very new food for me. Have only started eating them in the last month or so.
  • Had a very stressful week, complete with a minor anxiety attack on Wednesday. This stress, which I won't go into, will end soon, (I hope!) but the sense of powerlessness I am encountering is well nigh crazy making.
  • I'm getting an actual, honest to God, white streak in my hair. I'm wondering if the stress is contributing? Not sure how I feel about it. Leave it or cover it? Hmm.
  • Last week when I went out with 'my boys' from work, did I mention I got hit on by a girl?
  • THAT was wierd. We were at the Dubliner in Oslo, she was some random Norwegian chick, drunk as HEY-all, and she hit on everyone in our group, including me.
  • I kind of hated her. She was kind of a bitch. I didn't want to associate with her at all.
  • At one point, she snatched my glasses off my face, after first trying to stroke my breasts.
  • If you want me to punch you, all you need to do is touch my glasses. (Touching my boobs will be handled on a case by case basis. Glasses? THOSE are a different story.)
  • If you want me to take your ass down, take them off my face.
  • She knew (even in her drunk state) that she had fucked up, when, as she held my glasses behind her back, I got very cold and serious, and told her, very clearly, "You give me those back immediately. I am not fucking around." (Not that I could see her clearly enough to really hurt her, have I mentioned I am fucking BLIND?)
  • She gave them back. She could tell I wasn't kidding.
  • I walked, no, STALKED, off.
  • The boys were rather stunned, and, I think, excited. I mean, they got to see me get felt up by a GIRL, and they almost got to see a cat fight! Perfect night for a guy!
  • I don't fight, fyi. It's tacky.
  • I had the craziest dream last night, that I was going out with the guy from Mythbusters, Adam Savage? And he was a terrible kisser. I am SO not sure what that was about, but wow, I really know how to dream a bad kiss. Yeuch.
  • I think that is more than enough randomness for today. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!