Thursday, January 08, 2009

crappity crap crap crap...a rant and a whine

It's all crap. Crap crap crap.

Crap being back in Norway. Crap being back in the cold. Crap slipping on the ice. Crap being at this temporary apartment. Our real apartment is so torn up it's unbelievable, that's crap as well. Crap that I don't have any clothes here that I want to wear and crap that I can't get at any of my stuff in the other apartment as it's such a mess.

Crap crap crap.

I'm a member of a book club, and attempted to go to the meeting last night, but was so tired that, after having a meal and a glass of wine (we meet at the pub) I realized I just couldn't add anything to the conversation besides grumbling, muttering, and the odd explosion of disgust at being back from vacation, so I decamped rather suddenly, confusing everyone at the meeting. (Sorry guys.) Went home (home being a relative term here), attempted to stare at the tv for a while, gave up, went to bed and was asleep by 7:45. So was Rich. We both woke up around 6 am, after a night of almost death-like slumber. I was the first one in the office this morning. Granted, we are not an early morning office, so if you are there by 8, you can be the one who gets to turn on the lights! It was fine being back at work, my coworkers are great, I feel bad they have to put up with misanthropist me while I recover from heaven.

My biggest frustration is that I really didn't anticipate how hard it would be to go back to our apartment and get things we needed. I mean, even for me to get underwear or a sweater means moving masses of plastic draping, untaping everything, moving furniture to get at other furniture, and trying to avoid getting everything dusty or letting it touch anything. It's HORRIBLE. I can't find my key card to get into work, so had to get a temporary one. I think I know where it is, but to get to it is a whole 'nuther story. Today, instead of trying to get more clothes out, I just bought some (on sale, of course) because it just seems easier than trying to access anything in the chaos that is our home. It's such a mess. Men working all over, ladders and traps and dust and paint and holes in the walls, ceilings, floors, in corners, even on a wall in the kitchen where they removed a cabinet. They said they'd clean it all up like new, but I honestly don't see HOW they will do so. I was hoping to be able to sneak in and have a bath at night, but that is patently impossible, what with plastic draping, no curtains on the windows, the heat being off, and the flat being a destruction zone. ALL I WANT IS A BATH!

Crap.

I hope I get more acclimated in a couple days. There should be some sort of pill that removes the "holiday fallout".

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!