Thursday, September 18, 2008

food meme, stolen from Badger

1. How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled (well) or hard boiled (HARD) or in an omelette. No runny bits please.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea?
Both need lots of sugar. My usual coffee is a mochachocalottayaya, with vanilla. Sometimes I drink Yogi detox tea, and eschew the sugar.

3. Favorite breakfast food:
Sausage egg and cheese breakfast tacos with salsa AND ketchup. Sans that, gimme the big ol' Denny's breakfast with all the trimmings.

4. Peanut butter:
Creamy only, please, not a hint of lumps.

5. What kind of dressing on your salad?
Bought this fabulous lime cilantro one in Winchester, made by a farmer, that I will probably never find again. Honey mustard also good.

6. Coke or Pepsi?
Don't care.

7. You're feeling lazy. What do you make?
Black beans and rice. Or sauteed shrimp with cilantro and lime.

8. You're feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order?
Too expensive to order pizza in Norway. We keep frozen ones as emergency rations, they can be quite decent here. I refer pizzas without meat, and with plenty of mushrooms.

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make?
I cook all sorts of stuff. Quesadillas or tortilla soup? Risotto con scampi or this great recipe from a cookbook Mags gave me, sort of a fried chicken with tomatoes and mushrooms thing. Supposed to be Asian but tastes Italian.

10. Do any foods bring back good memories?
Corned beef hash, turkey sandwiches from thanksgiving leftovers, meat fondue, home popped popcorn, Texas chocolate sheet cake. Pillsbury cinnamon rolls.

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories?
Boiled spinach. Pea soup. Brussell sprouts. Moussaca.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone?
Crispy duck (from Chinese restaurants in London) reminds me of my stepmother in law Colleen. You have to fight her to get your share! Wendy's frosties and fries make me think of my brother. (must dip fries in frosty.)

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat?
I can't eat things with exoskeletons or that have alot of legs and antennas and are looking at me. I physically...can't. There's alot of Norwegian traditionl foods that I also stay away from, lutefisk anyone? Red, green or yellow peppers. Hate them!

14. What was your favorite food as a child?
Fruity Pebbles. Corned beef hash and corn. Also patty melts and the open faced turkey sandwich at Denny's. My mom always fed us very healthy stuff, so when we got to eat bad stuff, it was always a treat.

15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like?
Raw spinach, mushrooms, fish of any kind, cheese. Yes I hated cheese. Don't judge me.

16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate?
Cauliflower. Lima beans. Swiss Cake Rolls. Chocolate milk. Bananas. I can't even smell the damned things now.

17. Favorite fruit and vegetable:
Mushrooms hands down. Also fresh spinach, finely diced tomatoes, onions and baby carrots. Fruit? Pomegranates and raspberries, fo' shizzle.

18. Favorite junk food:
Right now Krizpy Cheez Kruncherz, smell like ass, taste great.

19. Favorite between meal snack:
Cashews.

20. Do you have any weird food habits?
Many. NO COOKED FRUITS, at all. None. Not pie, not cobbler. I'll  pick the fruit out of chutney and jam. Hell, even fruit in ice cream or yogurt bothers me. I have to pick out and add the fruit myself and it must be fresh and slightly underripe. No canned fruits either. I'm afraid of crustaceans.Lobsters, crabs, crawfish. Will not touch them if they have not been shelled. I don't like boiled meats, and beef must be rare. I will eat raw meat if you put it in front of me, I like it sushi style with soy sauce. True carnivore. Yummy cows. I've been told I can never eat something without 'adjusting' it to my tastes, either by adding a condiment or altering the order on the menu. Didn't notice that until it was pointed out, but I fear it is true.

21. You're on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on?
Soup. When on a diet I don't altar what I eat just eat less. Tried low carb, failed miserably.

22. You're off your diet. Now what would you like?
More alcohol please.

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai?
Mild to medium....medium in Norway, mild to wimp in Thailand.

24. Can I get you a drink?
Yes, please!

25. Red or White Wine?
If food pairing isn't an issue, I like a nice rosé.

26. Favorite dessert?
Chocolate cake white icing. Hey, I'm traditional. or creme brulee, well torched.

27. The perfect nightcap?
Nah, just a glass of water by the bedside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!